Volkswagen of America, Inc. reported 30,577 units sold in February, a 42.5 percent increase over prior year sales and best February since 1973.
– Best February sales results since 1973 with 30,577 units sold –
– Passat named Top Family Car by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com amidst sales momentum –
- February sales total 30,577 units, a 42. 5 percent increase over prior year sales
- Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 8,189 its best month since August 2001
- Tiguan sold 2,280 units, its best February ever
- Jetta Sedan achieved 11,694 units, up 11.4 percent versus the prior year • High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 21.3 percent of sales in February, up 54.6 percent versus the prior month
“February’s strong sales of 30,577 units and back-to-back record months reflects the increasing consumer confidence in the marketplace and strong interest for our products,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “With escalating fuel prices, we anticipate increased demand for our full-range of fuel efficient vehicles, particularly our TDI Clean Diesel models, to continue into the spring selling season.”
The Passat, recently named the #1 Family Car for 2012 by Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com, continues to be a success in the competitive mid-size sedan segment with 8,189 units for the month of February.
Jetta sedan remains the volume leader for Volkswagen with sales totaling 11,694, its best February ever. The 2012 Beetle sold 1,303 units. The TDI Clean Diesel Coupe was unveiled this month at the Chicago Auto Show; it will go on sale late summer 2012.
The Tiguan continued strong sales with 2,280 units sold, marking the best February ever. The Touareg vehicles saw an increase in sales with 65.1 percent with 723 units sold.
Volkswagen’s high-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 21.3 percent of sales in February, a 54.6 percent increase versus the prior month.
Volkswagen of Naples, located in beautiful Naples, Florida, is your leading new and used Volkswagen dealer serving Southwest Florida including all of Naples, Naples Park, Vanderbilt Beach, Immokalee, Golden Gate, Golden Gate Estates, Copeland, Goodland, Everglades City, Bonita Springs and Marco Island. We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers’ needs. Feel free to browse our new and pre-owned inventory online, www.vwofnaples.com, to request more information about vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about financing!
Volkswagen of Naples Service Department is proud to be the only dealer in South West Florida to offer “Service While You Sleep”. This elite service will allow our customers the option of dropping off their vehicle on their way home from work and picking it up in the morning. For your convenience, our Service Department hours include nighttime service offered until 3am along with a complimentary shuttle.
Volkswagen of Naples is conveniently located and easy to find
- Traveling from Bradenton, Englewood, Punta Gorda, Arcadia, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Port Charlotte, Bonita Springs or Venice simply go South on I-75 to exit 105 (Golden Gate). Take Golden Gate west towards the Naples Airport to Airport Pulling Road. Go south on Airport Pulling Road approximately one mile, just past Radio Road on your left hand side.
- Traveling from Miami, Coral Gables, North Miami, Pembrooke Pines, Hollywood, Hallendale, Coral Springs, Ft. Lauderdale, Plantation, or Boca Raton simply go West on I-75 to exit 101 (Collier Blvd -951). Take Collier Blvd South to Davis Blvd. Go west and follow Davis Blvd. to Airport Pulling Road. Go North on Airport Pulling Road approximately one mile on your right hand side.
601 Airport Rd., S
Naples, FL 34104