Holiday Collector Car Show 2015

Volkswagen of Naples was in full force at the Naples Ferrari Club’s annual Holiday Collector Car Show this weekend! With a strong mix of cars, music, and charity, we couldn’t NOT be a part of this wonderful event! The streets of Mercato were shut down and lined with a large mix of cars to fulfill the desires of luxury connoisseurs and young car enthusiasts alike.

We brought a nice mix of new, custom, and classics that drew their fair share of attention. In attendance was a 2016 VW Passat which we first gave to our performance division, Naples Speed, to put the finishing touches on. It rolled into the show sporting a nice set of Vossen wheels. To fulfill the needs of classic car lovers we also brought our classic beetle, type 3 notchback, and double cab pickup.

_MG_1462Also lining the streets were new and classic Ferraris (including the ONLY LaFerrari currently for sale in the United States), antique domestic cars, classic muscle cars, British roadsters, and so much more! There was a huge turnout which we are sure means that the collection for Toys for Tots was a big one!

Strut Your Mutt: Costume Contest!

The Human Society Naples is holding its 8th annual Strut Your Mutt Pet Costume Contest at Mercato on Sunday, October 25th! There are three categories: Most Original, Cutest, and Best Group. Admission is free so feel free to take in the sights even if you aren’t accompanied by a mutt of your own! Contest Registration can be found online by clicking HERE.

October is for Pink and Purple

As many of us are aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer affects about 1 in 8 women in the US every year. Here at Volkswagen of Naples, we show our support by placing giant pink bows on our vehicles and wearing pink shirts to match. We also get involved with various charities throughout SW Florida to show our support.

But October isn’t just for the color pink – it is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which is symbolized by the color purple. Pink often overshadows purple, but the numbers behind the colors don’t. Statistics show that 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. The topic of domestic violence is not and easy one to talk about, and for some families it never sees the light of day.

The Shelter for Abused Women and Children in Naples is working hard to bring awareness to the problem and also to the life-changing services that they offer. Below is a list of events being held by The Shelter throughout the month of October to bring awareness, get people talking, and one day put an end to domestic violence.

Purple¦ Purple Purse Challenge – Through Oct. 27, those who donate $25 or more will automatically be entered to win one of three designer purses including a limited edition purse designed by Purple Purse spokeswoman and actress Kerry Washington of TV’s “Scandal.”
More details: Click here.

corporateRun-logo-300x265¦ Moe’s Corporate Run – This 3-mile run walk sets out at 6:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8, from Moe’s at the corner of U.S. 41 and Immokalee Road. All levels of runners and walkers are welcome. This race is not chip timed. Sign up online HERE.

NextGen-Purple-Party-2015-Save-the-Dateb-300x233¦ The Purple Party – Starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16, at Paradise Wine and hosted by The Shelter’s NextGen group, the evening will be a splash of purple from dress to drink. Purple is the symbolic color for courage, survival, honor and dedication to ending domestic violence. Purchase tickets at

Save-the-Date-2016Final-300x233¦ Ride for The Shelter Kick Off – Join Gordon Kellam and Glen Schwesinger from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 22, at 7th Avenue Social as they kick off plans for a 1,156-mile bicycle ride from Naples to Washington, D.C., to raise national awareness for The Shelter’s Gentle’men Against Domestic Violence initiative. Tickets are at

Mercato-header-300x102¦ Mercato Goes Purple – Merchants throughout Mercato will have special promotions, discounts and prizes from 4-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24. New this year: a free concert by the Karibbean Groove dance band from 7-9 p.m. The Shelter’s Hands are for Helping program will be set up for public participation from 4-6 p.m. More details HERE.

IMG_0149-300x225¦ The Immokalee Peace March & Children’s Fair – The fair from 3-6 p.m. is followed by the hour-long march setting out at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 26, at the Collier County Immokalee Sports Complex, 505 Escambia St. Free and open to all, fair activities include children’s games, food, entertainment, a talent show and information booths hosted by partner agencies. For more information click HERE or email Josie Means at

Local Grad Receives Special Volkswagen Gift!

makenna copyAfter all the tests, homework and years of school work, the time to wrap up the end of a chapter quickly approaches. The orders for caps and gowns have been placed, applications sent out and final grades submitted. High school and College seniors get ready to walk across the stage to receive the piece of paper they have worked so hard for. Graduation season is upon us and hopeful new grads begin writing the next chapter of their life.

Transition isn’t always easy but there are a few factors that can make the growing pains smoother. When the future isn’t always so predictable, having a reliable source of transportation is a handy and useful tool. Every graduation is a success and should be celebrated. We are so lucky to have customers who value such things and love hearing about their stories! One of our customers, Makenna, received a special high school graduation gift from her parents and couldn’t be more thrilled! Makenna tells us why she loves her vehicle and how it will help her navigate her future. Find out all about it here:

We know her Volkswagen Passat will take care of her when she attends the Florida State University. Volkswagen of Naples wishes her a bright future and the best of luck with everything!

All of us from Volkswagen of Naples congratulate every recent graduate, or soon-to-be graduate, and wish you the best with your endeavors. If you know someone or you yourself have a story like Makenna’s, please feel free to share them with us! We love hearing all about it! Leave a comment below, leave a comment for us on facebook or send us an email at

Have you graduated in the past 24 months or about to graduate in the next six months? If so, you could qualify for our College Graduate Program! Here are just some of the benefits:

Make it yours forever, you won’t pay for mileage or excess wear and use.

• No first month’s payment.
  • No co-signer required.
  • No credit history required.

Leasing means you can drive a new VW model more often and make lower monthly payments.

• No security deposit.
  • No credit history required.

Driver’s Option

It’s like buying, but with an option to turn in your vehicle (at contract end) if you choose.

• No co-signer required.

No credit history required.

Take advantage of these incredible options for Volkswagen savings. So, which direction are you going to take? Volkswagen of Naples has the right car for you!

Click here for more information

Naples Mother’s Day Deals

Family should always be appreciated 365 days a year, no matter how much they drive you crazy! But on May 10th, Mother’s Day, show your mom how much she means to you by taking her out or spending some quality time with her. There are a lot of businesses in Naples offering free entries, discounted prices and great deals for mothers or grandmothers. Check some of the events going on here:

Botanical Gardens – “Treat Mom or Grandma to a stroll through the tropical landscapes of the Garden this Mother’s Day. FREE admission for mothers and grandmothers, regular admission for guests. The first 100 mothers or grandmothers to check in at the Visitor Center will receive a special gift! Cappelli’s will be serving complimentary light refreshments from 11:30am to 1:30pm.”

Naples Princess Cruise: “Treat your mom this Mother’s Day to a relaxing cruise and delicious dinner aboard the Naples Princess! Enjoy a double entree dinner on the water featuring carved beef tenderloin served with a bearnaise sauce, pecan encrusted tilapia, Caesar salad, fresh baked rolls vegetable medley, roasted rosemary baby reds and to top it off a mouth watering tuxedo bombe for dessert! Every mother will receive a complimentary rose!”

Special Cruise Events: “Pure Florida, Southwest Florida’s premier water attraction for family fun and thrills, is excited to announce new cruises and special offers coming in May. Each of the following events and specials are offered at the Pure Naples and Pure Fort Myers locations.”

Naples Zoo: “One free mom ticket with the purchase of a regular paid child or adult.” Valid through May 8th – May 10th.

There are a lot of restaurants and businesses that have great deals going on for mothers on Mother’s Day. Check out some of them here!

• Ristorante Ciao, 835 Fourth Ave. S., Naples, will open at 4:30 p.m., and everyone 21 and over will receive a free glass of Prosecco to toast moms. Reservations: 239-263-3889
  • Stonewood Grill & Tavern, 7935 Airport-Pulling Road, North Naples, will open at 11 a.m. and will have happy hour specials all day. Reservations: 239-593-0001
  • The Capital Grille, Mercato, 9005 Mercato Drive, North Naples, will have a special three-course brunch menu starting at 10 a.m. for $49 for adults and $15 for children. The restaurant’s dinner menu also will be available. Reservations: 239-254-0640
  • The Wharf Tavern Restaurant & Lobster House, 909 10th St. S., Naples, will give mothers who dine at the restaurant on Mother’s Day a voucher for a free 1- to 1¼-pound steamed Maine lobster with fries and coleslaw to be redeemed during July or August. The restaurant will serve its dinner menu from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations: 239-331-4053

Click here for more restaurants!

Volkswagens are Built With Safety in Mind

image1It’s the kind of thing that makes your heart stop; hearing that your son or daughter has been in an accident. You teach them how to drive safely, to always be aware of other drivers and what to do in case of an accident. Although no accident is a good accident, having a safe and reliable car is a good way to stay protected. So when Kim heard that her daughter had been in an accident she couldn’t believe it when she saw the damage. Her daughter was fine and the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta SE involved in the crash saved her. She was hit from the side when pulling onto a main road and the Jetta took the blunt of the impact. After everyone was okay and the initial shock was over, she sent this to Nick DiNicola, one of our Certified Consultants.IMG952198“My daughter is alive today because of this car,” she texted, along with photos from the accident. Kim truly believes in Volkswagen’s ability to protect and wouldn’t go anywhere else.

If you have a story to share with us please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to hear back from customers, especially when it comes to stories like these!

“The Jetta sedan is a strong performer in the federal crash-test regimen. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awards the four-door a score of four stars overall, with individual ratings of four stars for front-impact and rollover protection, and a five-star score for side-impact protection.” Read more about the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta safety ratings HERE

Did you know that the 2015 Volkswagen Golf not only got 2015 MotorTrend Car of the Year but it is also the top safety pick for families? Read more about HERE

Why Choose Us – Naples Location

6There are many dealerships spread across the nation, but what makes the location matter? What difference does it make buying from one city over another? Well, there are many reasons why and here are a few that pertain to our location.

The Dealership Itself
The customer service found at a smaller dealership like ours is more personable and catered to the customer’s best interest. We have an established staff, some that have been with us for years, who bring an exceptional level of customer experience to the table. Our Volkswagen Certified Sales Consultants are professional, knowledgeable and ready to help you find your perfect vehicle!

How The City Treats Vehicles
If you are looking for a pre-owned car, Naples is one of the best cities to look for one. Why? Due to our weather, roads and city, most cars located here are well maintained. A vehicle that has only been in Southwest Florida will never see snow damage, hail damage (very rarely does hail occur in Naples) and will generally have less wear and tear. There aren’t mountains, hills or major city traffic here. Driving in busier cities full of more cars, people and stop-and-go traffic, can create an environment for more accidents and or put added stress on a vehicle. Our beautiful weather also tends to draw a lot of seasonal customers, which means for half of the year some of those vehicles are not in use! We receive a lot of trade-ins with extraordinarily low mileage and in great condition.

Did you know that parallel parking is not apart of the Florida drivers license test? That’s because parallel parking isn’t as commonly found here compared to other cities. Which means, cars are usually parked in garages, parking lots and away from busy traffic.

Get a Vehicle and a Mini-Vacation!
When you visit Naples to purchase/lease/trade-in a vehicle you can make a day out of it! Naples has tons of great restaurants, beautiful areas, the beach, a pier and great shopping. You can make the whole day an experience and truly get a feel for this exquisite city while driving your new vehicle!

Feel free to come in or call and find your ideal vehicle today!

Meet Tyler: The Intern

tylerpicIs that a new employee? Is he in training? No, he’s just the intern. Meet Tyler; a recent college graduate who gained the opportunity to learn, shadow and help out a couple departments for Audi and VW of Naples. You can learn a lot from interning for one department, but getting to shadow multiple departments? That’s a whole different story. It’s more than just running out to get coffee or stapling pieces of paper together. Great internships provide a valuable experience and allow interns to gain insight into the field they are interested in. It’s a lot of hard work, quick learning, listening and jumping in. The best way to make the most out of it is just to try! Even if you aren’t always successful the first time, the drive to succeed is usually admired and appreciated. Tyler has been shadowing different departments from Parts, Sales, Service to the Internet team and has learned what it takes to run a dealership.

Q: What made you want to intern for Audi and VW of Naples?
A: I wanted to intern for Audi and VW because I have always had a passion about cars. These cars are a different style then my favorite, which are muscle cars, but since I was given this opportunity I could not pass it up. I have never been around the business but cars will always be around so I wanted to see it first hand and hopefully become part of the business.

Q: What departments did you shadow?
A: I shadowed Parts, Sales, Service, and Internet.

Q: What was your favorite department and why?
A: My favorite department was parts because of the team of guys back there. I have always played team sports and the group back there seems to flow seamlessly as one. When I was back there work didn’t seem like work and I enjoy that feeling. Everyone in parts helped me become comfortable on the job while giving me the most training as well.

Q: What did you learn from these experiences?
A: From my experiences I learned how all the pieces of the dealership rely on each other to satisfy the customer from start to finish and when they return for other services we provide. Along with the countless things I learned in the past five weeks I also saw the negative side of some things but this only helps me become a stronger employee. These reflections will help me succeed in the future when difficult situations arise again and I’ll have the knowledge to handle them efficiently and swiftly.

Q: What was surprisingly challenging and why?
A: A surprising challenge I encountered here was with the internet team. Some might think that this department sits on the computer all day when in fact we were outside most of the day staying busy. We took photos of all new cars/certified pre-owns, prepared cars on the lot with stickers for sales, and even spent time each day looking for articles to update the social media for Audi, Volkswagen, Acura, and Naples Speed.

Q: If you could improve on any part of this internship what would it be?
A: The only thing I would improve about this internship would be the configuration. If we wanted someone to see the entire dealership the order of departments they see it is very important and could be adjusted. Also the timetable I spent in each department could have been changed a little to spend more time in some departments and less in others.

Q: All in all, how did you feel about your overall experience?
A: My overall experience was very enjoyable and exactly what I hoped. I learned an exponential amount of information about each department and how this business works. It is very unique with the amount of services we provide and how many hats each employee wears to achieve the overall goal: assisting our customers and providing services no one can rival. I would like to thank Mr. Brian Massoll and Skip Roth for setting this up and giving me a chance to view Audi/VW in a special fashion; and everyone else here that helped me during the past few weeks.

Q: What was the complete duration of your internship?
A: Five week internship.

Q: Now for the typical question…did you have to do any coffee runs?
A: I did not have to do any coffee runs, but I did get to pick up Moes for the parts department in an A7 one day.

O.A.R in Concert Sponsored by Us!

OARDon’t have plans finalized yet for Friday night? Say between the hours of 6 and 9? We have just the thing for you! For one-night only, O.A.R will be performing a special acoustic set with special guests New Hollow on June 6th, 2014 from 6 – 9 p.m at the Mercato. While you’re there you’ll also hear about their upcoming LP, set for release on June 10th.

You might have heard of their recent US Platinum hit:
“Shattered (Turn the Car Around)”

“How many times can I break till I shatter?
Over the line can’t define what I’m after
I always turn the car around
Give me a break let me make my own pattern
All that it takes is some time but I’m shattered
I always turn the car around”

“Bring your lawn chairs, grab your friends and head to the lawn across from Masa Naples for this one-night only event before they head to the east coast.”

This event is sponsored by Audi Naples, Naples Acura and Volkswagen of Naples.

Click for More Information

Massive Renovation Nears Completion